Before you know it, the refreshing season of spring will be here. Now is the perfect opportunity to start getting your flowerbeds, gardens and lawns ready for spring. Below are 5 important steps to prepare for spring landscaping:
- Do an Evaluation. Take a walk around your property to evaluate the condition of the green areas. The winter weather has caused stress and might have even damaged your trees, plants and bushes. However, with a bit of care, it is highly likely that they can thrive again. An evaluation will give you a great idea about what is required.
- Prune Your Leafless Trees. Using this time of year to prune you leafless trees is always a great idea. This is largely because it lowers the likelihood of certain tree diseases spreading across your property. In addition, this prevents huge pile up of snow from damaging the structural integrity of the tree.
- Protect Your Lawn From Weeds. Preventing weeds from surfacing in the first place is the best method of reducing or eliminating these nuisances. To do so, pre-emergent weed control is required. However, for this to be effective, timing is of utmost importance as soil temperature plays a major role in the success of this strategy.
- Renovate Your Lawns. If your lawn was damaged by the effects of the winter weather, now is the perfect time for some well-needed renovation. To restore its gorgeous appearance, it could become necessary for you to fix damages by seeding the grass. This type of application should be carefully carried out.
- Do a Status Check on Your Shrubs.
The emerging season provides the perfect opportunity to access the look and health of your shrubs. Examine them for water damage and determine if the damage is repairable. If you are installing new shrubs, do so before adding mulch as this will maintain bed consistency.