Patios are great places to entertain. You can hold a variety of parties including a tailgate party during football season. With the right game to broadcast, equipment and enthusiasm, you can have a wonderful championship party by following a few easy tailgating tips.
- The outdoor theater set up has to be large enough for optimal viewing by many people. There are now waterproof televisions you can rent for outdoor entertaining.
- You need to have lots of comfortable seating for your guests. In addition to folding chairs and stools, you can use oversized pillows and cushions, benches, and even a sofa.
- At a backyard tailgate party you can have traditional foods such as burgers and hot dogs, or anything else you want such as ribs, chili, or soup. As long as you have enough food to sustain your guests, the type of food really will not matter.
- You can ask guests to bring their favorite tailgate appetizers or finger foods to share so people have a wider range of foods to sample.
- If you are using a grill, you can ask a few guests to take shifts manning the grill so you do not spend all your time cooking.
- In case of sudden bad weather, you need to have a contingency plan. If it starts to rain, you can move the party indoors or have a large tent ready to put up. If the temperature turns chilly, a space heater or fire pit can warm up guests. You can also pass out blankets or throws to keep guests cozy.
A backyard tailgating party can be lots of fun if you plan it well. With the right mix of people, food, and comfort, you patio tailgate party could be legendary.
When you are ready to redesign your outdoor living space, contact Hidden Creek Landscaping for ideas, installation and maintenance.