Good landscaping is an excellent way to heighten home value. Maintaining your yard increases curb appeal and highlights the best your property offers. Here are some simple tips that will boost the appeal of your exterior space.
1. Stick with a Plan. Some homeowners clutter their yards with many plants. Although different varieties keep things interesting, plants should maintain a uniform appearance. The perfect look will blend shrubs and perennials.
2. Match Home Style with Landscaping. To maximize property value, landscaping must mesh with a home’s style. For example, when you own a Victorian home, it is wise to create a country landscape that has old-fashioned flair. A more contemporary house may look better with an informal garden filled with bountiful greenery.
3. Trees. Although many homeowners concentrate on garden beds, lawns, and flowers, it is wise to consider planting trees. Real estate studies show neighborhoods lined with trees have higher sale prices. Since trees provide clean air, they attract environmentally conscious buyers. Also, the shade of trees creates a cooler environment where individuals can enjoy sitting outdoors on their porches or patios.
4. Think Four Seasons. Your home should be filled with plants that bloom at various times of the year. This keeps the property looking fresh though season changes. No matter when you decide to sell, your home will have landscaping appeal. It is easy to plant a mixture of spring bulbs, summer annuals, brightly colored fall bushes, and winter evergreens.
5. Maintain the Lawn. Nothing increases home value like a maintained lawn. Besides having a green and vibrant color, grass should be neatly edged. This gives the appearance of no weeds and a clean yard.
Investing in a home’s landscape will provide a large return on investment. For more tips, consult with the experts at Hidden Creek Landscaping. This business will provide you with a custom design that complements your property and enhances its appeal.