Join an award-winning Design/Build team of visionaries where your artistic concept becomes a reality. You deserve a company culture that celebrates your artistic vision and expertise. We are looking for leaders looking to manage and maintain current landscape design projects and seek out future architectural opportunities. We're also looking for high-profile sales drivers to help us grow by continuously looking for new business to business building opportunities. Work alongside our unmatched team of experts in the spirit of strategic creativity. Discover a fountain of creativity and inspiration at Hidden Creek Landscaping.
Our Benefits Can Include:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid smartphone/ tablet or laptop
- Clothing and boot credit
- Health, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid continuing education classes (professional development)
- Monthly company meetings with meals provided
- Monthly Prize Giveaways (Tv's, clothing, gift cards, and more)
- Never-ending opportunities for growth
Welcome to Hidden Creek Landscaping, and thank you for your interest in joining our work family! We're a landscape architecture, build, and maintain company - serving the Columbus metropolitan area for over 20 years. We currently have openings in our landscape installation, management, and maintenance divisions and we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Hidden Creek Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning Design/Build and Maintenance firm serving high profile clients since 1998. We like to blaze our own path with innovative ideas in landscape design, management, and personnel with a focus on creating a higher quality life not only for clients, but also our team. Our core focus is delivering exceptional customer service for those that expect more while concentrating on safety, quality, and efficiency at every level. We are driven to grow and create opportunities for our team to build their career and achieve our goal of being a premier landscape firm nationally.
Hidden Creek Landscaping, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Strategic Importance of this Role to the Company:
The Designer role at Hidden Creek Landscaping has many opportunities to show their creativity and task management skills. This position is responsible with representing the Hidden Creek Landscaping core values of unique design, right plant for right location, long term vision, and most importantly the ability to listen to the client and be the expert. You will need to interact with the clients, project managers, operations manager, and contract administrator while spending most of your time with the current Sale team.
You must work closely with sales to best understand the client’s desired expectations and how we can provide all items necessary to ensure the utmost satisfaction upon completion. The techniques that you may utilize are as follows, meetings, photos, sketches, plans or any means necessary to convert the initial design into a final conceptual plan, followed by Construction Documents. Please make sure to follow the guidelines of Safety Quality Efficiency to ensure the success Hidden Creek Landscaping has set out to achieve. Remember our clients may hire the sales person but they buy into the vision you have provided.
Roles and Responsibilities in this position are:
- Weekly meetings with Division Head, Sales staff and Operations affiliated with the Design/ Build division to review current workload and pipeline.
- Utilize the Start Clean / Finish Clean process with every project in your current workload
- Work with sales team to give them the best information possible so that the correct plan can be presented.
- Coordinate with sales and project managers to ensure plans are being built as designed. Work with them to understand best practices or better construction details to assist with the crew’s productivity.
Marketing/ Research/ Coordination
- Assist with marketing campaign for Hidden Creek in all branding opportunities. This may be through research of current trends, award submittals, clients’ surveys, etc.
- Research the newest materials being utilized in this industry, new methods to eliminate waste through value engineering, and set Hidden Creek Landscaping above competitors with this information.
- Assist in the communication and coordination with vendors, subcontractors, and production staff.
- Assist sales team in creating design division standards for increased productivity and increased design fees.
Specific Job Duties for Design/ Build Sales
- Track hours per job to study our current production rates (conceptual/ research/ inspiration/ Construction Docs.)
- Assist Sales team with in-house or onsite meetings to explain design intent with clients.
- Advise sales team how to gather the best Intel from the client through the DreamBuilder, on site interviews, site measurements, and personal background info on client and property to be relayed to design team.
- Working knowledge of design board and whom owns each project.
- Work to collaborate with other designers to teach and educate whenever possible.
- Enhance marketing, sales or industry knowledge by attending one networking or education event a quarter.
- Assist sales team with maintaining Design Center aesthetics and presentation capabilities.
- Maximum of two-week turnaround on first conceptual drawings.
- Increased design fees based on higher quality and timeliness.
- Clear communication between sales/ production/ administration/ client to reduce final design to 3 meetings.
- Two awards per year for design/ construction division.
Medical & Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Mileage Reimbursement, Paid continued education.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.