Join an award-winning Design/Build team of visionaries where your artistic concept becomes a reality. You deserve a company culture that celebrates your artistic vision and expertise. We are looking for leaders looking to manage and maintain current landscape design projects and seek out future architectural opportunities. We're also looking for high-profile sales drivers to help us grow by continuously looking for new business to business building opportunities. Work alongside our unmatched team of experts in the spirit of strategic creativity. Discover a fountain of creativity and inspiration at Hidden Creek Landscaping.
Our Benefits Can Include:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid smartphone/ tablet or laptop
- Clothing and boot credit
- Health, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid continuing education classes (professional development)
- Monthly company meetings with meals provided
- Monthly Prize Giveaways (Tv's, clothing, gift cards, and more)
- Never-ending opportunities for growth
Welcome to Hidden Creek Landscaping, and thank you for your interest in joining our work family! We're a landscape architecture, build, and maintain company - serving the Columbus metropolitan area for over 20 years. We currently have openings in our landscape installation, management, and maintenance divisions and we would love to hear from you!
Hidden Creek Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning Design/Build, Irrigation, and Maintenance landscaping company serving high profile clients throughout Central Ohio. Our educated staff and our continued growth have enabled us to become the premier landscape design/build firm in Central Ohio. This position focuses on the client and delivering the scope of work promised in each contract, exceptional customer service, and an amazing finished project.
Duties and responsibilities in this position:
- Coach and assist front line leaders with employee relations matters, including leave management, corrective action, terminations, investigations, etc.
- Address employee questions/concerns in a timely manner, handling sensitive issues with confidentiality
- Conflict facilitation: take lead in employee conflicts and assisting management team in proper procedures, investigation of conflict/complaints with proper documentation, and work with management on conflict resolution according to company policies
- Manage uniform tracking system and employee clothing purchases and credits: input new employees, issue uniforms according to position, track and inventory weekly, order new uniforms as needed (typically on a quarterly basis), and guarantee proper billing.
- Update attendance tracker and calendar system by utilizing time tracking reports as well as requests with regards to any scheduled or unscheduled time off weekly. Coordinate with management on attendance issues and corrective action and documentation
- Tracking of reviews, assisting with scheduling and training with review supervisor on proper review process
- Ensure follow up with employee and SQE Director and review supervisor on progress of training and performance review goals and coordination with employee on career development plan is completed by Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Participate in hiring process by completing background checks.
- Schedule and assist with onboarding of new employees and facilitate new hire paperwork completion
- Assisting and/or leading employee retention and training programs, especially HR related training topics
- H-2B/visa worker program: coordination with visa agency to provide documentation/information, assisting in arrival/departure of visa workers, keeping proper documentation and records, and coordination with management regarding conflicts or issues
- Attend morning employee arrival and roll-out, safety/production/manager meetings, and plan job site visits to observe and talk with team members
- Conduct monthly meetings with management to touch base on issues, needs, and be used for discovery of areas of training and improvement
- Assist with facilitation of annual employee surveys
- Input new employees into system and update current and noncurrent employees
- Review and confirm with Production Managers on employee hours and confirm pay rates
- Input employee deductions (earnings deduction such as insurance or purchases from Hidden Creek)
- Run payroll report from time tracking system, confirm all hours are correct, verify with Controller that all jobs have been imported into Payroll system, then import hours into Payroll system
- Make needed adjustments in payroll system such as inputting paid time off, bonus or reductions in pay do to unpaid time off
- Run payroll reports and verify all final totals pertaining to hours, deductions, pay, etc. is correct – submit payroll
- Confirmation all employee paychecks were delivered, and distribution of paychecks once arrived
- Insurance programs: administrator of all employee medical and dental plans (or any other additional insurance programs) and coordinate with insurance agency as well as utilizing Benefit Administration online portal for new hires/terminations, confirmation of correct invoicing, and coordination of open enrollment and new employee enrollment
- 401k administration: coordinate with Plan Administrator and Financial Advisor (or any TPA associated with 401k) as well as utilizing retirement online portal for new hires/terminations, confirmation of correct deferrals, and new employee enrollment
- Develop recommendations and maintain human resource management best practices to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations
- As needed modification Employee/Company Handbook, creation of new company policies/SOPs/forms, and quick response to new personnel issues that will arise with continued growth of company
- Oversee Worker’s Compensation/Unemployment Compensation/OSHA/FMLA/I-9 compliance and procedures
- Injury/Accident: administration of proper documenting of any employee injury, vehicle/equipment accident, or property damage
- Handles confidential information in an appropriate manner, portrays a positive image for Hidden Creek with external contacts and internally with employees
- Provide reporting and analytics to support management with data to help inform decision making by identifying trends
- Continual research and development of recommendations on company-wide human resource management best practices
- Provide reporting, analytics, and recommendations to assist in company growth and organizational plan
Culture and EXPECT MORE:
- Assist with company monthly meeting, picnic, Christmas party, or any other company events
- Be an ambassador and educator for core values and the Expect More message to all team members
Key Performance Indicators:
- Payroll process is ontime and correctly submitted no later than end of day Wednesday of each payroll week.
- 24-hour submission of incident/accident reports from management
- Employees educated and enrolled in benefits programs with no delay in coverage and correct deductions in payroll (if applicable) to ensure company and employee costs are starting at the same time and elections occur in new hire paperwork.
- No company penalties occurred due to incorrect or out of date documentation required by federal/state/local regulations
- Same day turnaround of most employee requests or changes (ex. Uniform request, change of payroll information, benefit inquiry etc.)
- Assigned HR budgets are kept within plus/minus 3% of budgeted amount
- Payroll submitted on time and correct no later than end of day Wednesday of each payroll week
- Employee reviews are scheduled to be completed by review date
Deliverables to Leadership Team
- Weekly Attendance Report with Following two Weeks Requests Off (call offs, no call-no show, PTO) due Monday for week prior
- Weekly Corrective Action/Change of Status/Probation Report due Monday for week prior
- Weekly Accident/Incident Report due Monday for week prior
- Monthly budget discrepancy and realignment request report due 5th business day of the month following
- Annual Employee Survey
- Each associate is asked to always be reading, listening to, or watching a developmental book, audio or video.
- Upon completion of material and a short-written summary/presentation of learning’s and opportunities; the full cost of the material plus a $50 bonus will be paid.
- Educational and certification opportunities