Join an award-winning Design/Build team of visionaries where your artistic concept becomes a reality. You deserve a company culture that celebrates your artistic vision and expertise. We are looking for leaders looking to manage and maintain current landscape design projects and seek out future architectural opportunities. We're also looking for high-profile sales drivers to help us grow by continuously looking for new business to business building opportunities. Work alongside our unmatched team of experts in the spirit of strategic creativity. Discover a fountain of creativity and inspiration at Hidden Creek Landscaping.
Our Benefits Can Include:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid smartphone/ tablet or laptop
- Clothing and boot credit
- Health, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid continuing education classes (professional development)
- Monthly company meetings with meals provided
- Monthly Prize Giveaways (Tv's, clothing, gift cards, and more)
- Never-ending opportunities for growth
Welcome to Hidden Creek Landscaping, and thank you for your interest in joining our work family! We're a landscape architecture, build, and maintain company - serving the Columbus metropolitan area for over 20 years. We currently have openings in our landscape installation, management, and maintenance divisions and we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Hidden Creek Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning Design/Build and Maintenance firm serving high profile clients since 1998. We like to blaze our own path with innovative ideas in landscape design, management, and personnel with a focus on creating a higher quality life not only for clients, but also our team. Our core focus is delivering exceptional customer service for those that expect more while concentrating on safety, quality, and efficiency at every level. We are driven to grow and create opportunities for our team to build their career and achieve our goal of being a premier landscape firm nationally.
Hidden Creek Landscaping, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Strategic Importance of this Role to the Company:
The Mechanics are a pivotal part to the success of Hidden Creek Landscaping and all Divisions of the company. In this position, you will be accountable for all duties pertaining to shop organization and cleanliness on a daily basis and striving for Safety, Quality, and Efficiency in every task. Proper communication and teamwork is needed in order to coordinate with each Divisions Operations Manager to ensure priorities are being met and systems are being followed by all team members. Utilizing proper time management, a positive and team centered attitude, and being a self-starter are all critical drivers to success with this position.
My duties and responsibilities in this position are:
- Maintaining and repairing light to heavy duty equipment, trucks and trailers
- Repairing small engines, 2 cycle engines, hydraulics, snow removal equipment and conventional gasoline & diesel engines
- Welding, metal fabrication as needed
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work schedule to maintain and repair equipment when necessary
- Keep company operations on schedule and repairs within specified budgets
- Ability to be an ideal team player and help in other situations and duties not specific to the exact job role
- Open Shop at 6:30
- Review Evenings updates and notes.
- Looking at trucks and equipment to see what is red tagged from the prior day.
- 6:45AM be ready for dispatch and crews to roll out. Any trucks that are failed at gate check will be directed to the mechanic before being allowed to leave the yard. Be there ready to assist.
- Review truck and trailer audits and fill out work tickets for evening shift.
- Review board new work tickets and make priority list by availability and parts needed.
- Get approval on orders over $250 from Operations Manager.
- Keep monthly file of pre-trip inspections and follow up with drivers to make sure any deficiencies are written up on a maintenance request form.
Mid shift End of Shift:
- Assist with any projects that require multiple people in the yard/shop
- Assist with any mid-day yard clean-up projects
- Clean up work area, make sure afternoon shift is good to go for the night
- 11:30 Review shop status and any new urgent items needing addressed.
- Review the Board and projects needing completed.
- Order parts and acquire PO’s as needed
- Work on Projects
Evening and End of shift:
- Be available for crews at end of day for assistance on equipment that may need repaired.
- Perform work on any truck and trailer audits from morning list.
- Fill out progress and notes for morning shift.
- Clean up work area.
- Arm building if last one at shop. Closing manager will still perform closing duties and shut gates.
BOTH SHIFTS DAILY:
- Review the daily task board and update plan for the day.
- Mix fuel tank- mix oil into tank. Marble cliff schedule is usually in the morning.
- Perform repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies. When needed to take warranty/ major repairs to outside vendors.
- Service fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules
- Inspect, lubricate, and service vehicles and equipment.
- Complete adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts and check/change filters.
- Inspect, repair and/or overhaul vehicle support systems, such as electrical, and brake systems.
- Identify and perform repairs and adjustments to various components and operating systems on the vehicles, equipment or related components.
- Ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Perform roadside repairs and adjustments.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, shop and work areas.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Perform required administrative duties when necessary, such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire changes, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Saves costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Medical, Dental, Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.